Membership in APNS is restricted to Registered Psychologists and Psychologists (Candidate Register) practicing within Nova Scotia. APNS also offers membership to undergrad and grad Psychology students studying at Nova Scotia universities. The Membership year is September 1 to August 31 but membership is open year round.
- Full Member: Holds a graduate degree in psychology acceptable to APNS or currently on the Register of Psychologists or Candidate Register of Psychologists of the NS Board of Examiners in Psychology (or equivalent Provincial/State Licensing Board).
- Retired/Inactive Member: Eligible for APNS membership as described under Full; however, has retired or have taken a temporary leave of absence from the profession of psychology.
- Student Member: Enrolled full-time in an academic institution and employed less than 50% of the year (internships & practica exempt).
- In Absentia: Residing outside of Nova Scotia for at least one year and maintains membership and receives the Nova Scotia Psychologist and other APNS mailings but forgoes voting and office holding rights.
- APNS also may identify individual Psychologists to be named as Honourary Members
A Membership form 2016-17 is available to download.
APNS Membership LIST 2016 as of February 2016 (PDF)
Contact us at:
Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia (APNS)
435, 5991 Spring Garden Rd., Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada B3H 1Y6
Telephone: (902) 422-9183; Fax: (902) 462-9801