APNS WORKSHOPS & EVENTS
To search for an event visit our Workshops/Events calendar
Download a registration brochure for:
- May 26, 2017 – 9 am to 4:45 pm – Cognitive Therapy for OCD Workshop – Dr Adam S Radomsky
- APNS workshops are usually targeted toward most health care professionals, although selected workshops may be designated for Psychologists only.
- Pre-registration for all APNS workshops is required.
- Deadline for registration is noon the day before the workshop.
- Please contact email@example.com to reserve space.
- A non-refundable admin fee of $35 will be charged for all cancellations.
- Notification must be received by APNS one week prior to the workshop to be eligible for a refund.
- Participants may name a colleague to attend in their place at no extra cost. This person must be named before the day of the workshop.
Workshop By Request
- If you are a Psychologist and would like APNS to off a workshop on a particular topic or with a specific speaker, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Although most APNS workshop are held in Halifax, we are open to holding workshops elsewhere in the province. We do need to confirm a minimum number of people attending before we will do this. If you are interested in holding a workshop in your area and there appears to be interest we would be happy to discuss this with your group.
- APNS is open to partnering with organizations or groups who would like to offer a specific presentation.
- If you have a specialty and would like to offer a workshop on that topic to Psychologists, other healthcare professionals, or the public, please contact us.
- APNS would like to begin presenting regular webinars to its membership. If you are interested in presenting a werbinar please let us know.
- APNS may list basic information on non-APNS events that are of interest to psychologists and other health professionals.
- Registration for these events may not be done through APNS. Please use the information provided to contact the presenting organization.
- To post detailed information on a non-APNS event or workshop, APNS usually charges a small fee.
- If you wish to promote a non-APNS event please contact email@example.com for more information.
For more information about upcoming APNS events or to suggest a workshop topic or speaker contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This section provides information and/or documents from past APNS workshops.
- Sept 23, 2016 – full day – Cultural Safety Workshop – Dr Ghada Hassan
- May 27, 2016 – 9 am to 12 noon – Ask a Lawyer – Bryna Hatt
- April 8, 2016 – 10 am to 1:30 pm Sleep in Children – Penny Corkum, Ph.D.
- April 13, 2016 – 6 pm to 8:15 pm Early Career Psychologist Speed Mentoring
- May 12-13, 2015 – Woodcock-Johnson IV- Joan Helmsing, M.Ed.
- May 1, 2015 – Psychologists: Friends of the Court – Debra Garland, R.Psych. and Janet M. Stevenson, LLB
- November 7, 2014 – Changes in content and interpretation between WISC-IV & WISC-V – Michael Jones, Ph.D.
- May 30, 2014 – Pearson Assessment Tools – Michael Charron, H.B. Sc. and Jeremy Clarke, Pearson Canada Assessment Inc.
- April 11, 2014 – Intro and Update on Pharmacology for Psychologists who deal with Children & Adolescents – Dr Alexa Bagnell
- February 28, 2014: DSM-5 – Dr. Penny Corkum