Psychologist Position Available – Part Time to Full Time
We are seeking a Master’s level psychologist to join our team as an associate. The psychologist would have expertise in psychoeducational assessment, counseling children and adolescents, and working with parents and other professionals in treating these individuals.
The psychologist would be part of a team environment and would be expected to work collaboratively with group members and other community agencies.
- Masters or doctoral level in psychology required
- Registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in psychology (Candidate Register acceptable)
- Ability to provide counseling to children and adolescents
- Experience in counseling/support to parents regarding children’s behavioral or learning problems, anxieties, etc.
- Skill in completing psychoeducational assessments and/or child needs assessments for agencies such as Department of Community Services
- Previous work experience in the field of child psychology or school psychology
Applicants can send curriculum vitae (in PDF form) to firstname.lastname@example.org or
ME Family Therapy, PO Box 1274 Truro NS B2N 5N2
CSC Health Services
Psychological Risk Assessment
The Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) Health Services has a requirement for the services of a Psychologist(s) to provide psychological risk assessment services to offenders in the Atlantic Region
Nova Institution for Women
Truro, Nova Scotia
Springhill, Nova Scotia
Dorchester, New Brunswick
Renous, New Brunswick
Évaluation psychologique du risque
Les Services de santé du Service correctionnel du Canada (SCC) ont besoin des services d’un psychologue(s) pour fournir des services d’évaluation psychologique du risque à des délinquants dans la région de l’Atlantique
Établissement Nova pour femme
Truro, Nouvelle Écosse
Springhill, Nouvelle Écosse
Dorchester, Nouveau Brunswick
Renous, Nouveau Brunswick
Seeking Psychologist – Eastern Shore
The Disc Clinic is a Collaborative Mutidisciplinary centre offering Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, Naturopathic Medicine and Custom Orthotics serving the Eastern Shore and Dartmouth. We are seeking the services of a registered, licensed Psychologist to join our lineup of highly qualified experts in underserved Musquodoboit Harbour. There has been a significant increase in the area in mental health awareness and we need your help! The ideal candidate will have experience with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Chronic Pain. He or she will also be motivated, independent and excited to be working as a part of the Eastern Shore’s most comprehensive paramedical services team. Remuneration is based on an industry standard, highly competitive fee split and you would be an independent contractor. If you are interested or have questions, please email email@example.com. Be sure to include a cover letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
Clinical Psychologist – Halifax
Acuity Counselling and Therapy Services is currently seeking a registered clinical psychologist to join our growing practice. We are located in Halifax, close to shopping malls and bus routes. Our offices are professionally designed and located in a new, elegant building. We offer full-time administrative and managerial support. We have staff to handle client registration, appointment bookings, and daily office needs as well as insurance direct billing services. We offer the opportunity to build your caseload toward part-time or full-time hours as an independent practitioner. Hours are flexible and include evening and weekend based on client needs. We provide an intake distribution process that is tailored to your speciality. We also offer peer supervision & consultation by mature professionals working within the field of mental health. Free onsite parking available in parking lot and adjacent streets.
Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychologist – Halifax
2-Year Contract Position with possibility of renewal
True North Psychological Services is seeking a full-time psychologist to join our newly expanded practice. The qualified applicant will offer clinical treatment and assessment services for children and adolescents.We are looking for a candidate who is client-focused and who likes to work in a collaborative manner with other health care professionals. A candidate who is keen to new and exciting evidence-based treatment options would be a welcomed addition to our highly ethical, dynamic, and creative team.
The successful candidate must be a Registered Psychologist or Candidate Register with a minimum of 2 years of experience in good standing with NSBEP and be able to/has:
- Implement evidence-based treatment with clients
- An enthusiastic, goal-directed attitude who is able to work independently and with a team
- A commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- with children and adolescents who have experienced learning difficulties, attention-deficit disorder, and/or autism spectrum
- with military, veterans, and first responders’ families
- with survivors of trauma including clients with a history childhood abuse and/or sexual abuse
We ask any interested psychologists to forward your information in confidence to:
Andrea Cook, Managing Psychologist
36 Solutions Drive, Suite 440
Halifax, NS, B3S 1N2
Psychologist Position – Bridgewater
Join Our Busy Practice on the Beautiful LaHave River in Bridgewater, NS
South Shore Psychological Services Inc. is seeking Doctorate or Masters Level Registered or Candidate Register Psychologists to join our group of independent practitioners. The qualified individuals will offer comprehensive assessment and treatment services to adults and couples.
Our facility includes furnished office space, a private deck overlooking the river, a shared reception area and kitchenette.
Located in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, South Shore Psychological Services is a thriving, well established private practice providing a wide range of psychological services to children, adolescents, adults and couples.
Interested Psychologists may contact Dr. April D’Aloisio by phone, email or fax.
926 King Street, Bridgewater, Nova Scotia B4V 3E6
Phone: (902) 527-1058 Fax: (902) 527-2946
View our website here
View our beautiful area here
Psychologist Position – Halifax
Fenwick Psychological and Health Services Inc. has a position to offer to the right individual. We are looking for a psychologist to join our team.
Duties will include assessment and therapy services. Applicants must be candidate register or fully registered to practice within Nova Scotia. Special consideration will be given to those with experience treating adults with PTSD, anxiety and depression.
Please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae, specifying your areas of practice, experience etc. via fax: 902-421-1292 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a well established private practice located in beautiful downtown Halifax. Our clinic offers services to individuals, couples, children, adolescents and families. For additional information about the services we offer, please visit our website at:
SEEKING Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist for busy private practice
Erica Baker Psychological Services Ltd – Halifax, NS
Erica Baker Psychological Services Limited is seeking a part-time or full-time clinical psychologist to join our private practice team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This psychologist will provide neuropsychological and/or diagnostic assessments to adolescents and adults. We are looking for a psychologist with particular interest and experience in traumatic brain injury and/or cognitive and mental health assessments. The successful candidate must be a Registered Psychologist or Candidate Register of good standing in the province of Nova Scotia.
Our team of psychologists specializes in neuropsychological, psychoeducational, ADHD, developmental, and Autism Spectrum Disorder assessments. All psychologists have full clinical control over their schedule, patient caseload, and professional development.
For more information on our practice please visit www.ericabaker.ca
Interested candidates can contact Dr. Erica Baker directly at 902-445-3851
phone: 902.445.3851 fax: 902.405.2894
1331 Breton Street, Third floor, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2K5
Registered Psychologist Positions Available (Full Time/Part Time) – Halifax
Aulakh Psychological & Counselling Services Inc. is seeking a qualified Registered Psychologist associate to join our growing private psychology practice conveniently located in the North end of Halifax (in the Gladstone Professional Centre).
We are seeking an associate who is client-focused, likes to work in a collaboratively with clients and other professionals
and is looking to be a part of a supportive team environment. The successful candidate would be warm, ethically minded, and have a fundamental respect for the clients we work with.
Our practice offers:
- Part-time/Full-Time position
- Full-time administrative services to assist with scheduling, invoicing, and day-to-day office needs
- Inviting reception area for clients
- Flexible hours for scheduling
- Encouragement of on-going learning and professional development
- Free parking for staff and clients
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Registered Psychologist or Candidate Register of good standing in Nova Scotia
- Providetreatment and/or assessments to clients (testing materials provided)
- Ability to implement evidence-based treatment with clients
- Previous experience working with teens and/or adults
- Previous experience conducting mental health assessments
- Experience working with couples and families is considered an asset, but not required
We ask any interested candidates to please forward your information in confidence to us via email (email@example.com), fax (902-490-0099) or call to arrange a time to speak with owner Harpreet Aulakh (902-490-0090).
Professional Office Space for Rent
We have a 250 sq ft unfurnished office available for rent in our suite of three offices at our convenient Brunswick Street location. The building is adjacent to downtown with close proximity to business and government offices, law courts and public transit. Parking is easily accessible indoors and out. Office rental includes use of a large furnished waiting area, kitchenette and utility/lunch room.
Each professional operates independently and contributes to joint expenses, including internet, fax and copier.
For further information or to schedule a viewing contact:
Seeking Contract Psychologist
Created in 1993, the practice is one of Halifax’s oldest and most reputable private practices. Our mission is to promote improved mental health for individuals, families and the community using empirically based and scientifically proven assessment and treatment techniques. We are comprised of a group of diverse psychologists with a common belief that working collaboratively provides our clients with the best possible service.
We are presently seeking qualified applicants to work as contract psychologists at our practice. We have immediate opportunities for clinical, school and counselling psychologists to provide services across the lifespan. Skills in consultation, assessment, diagnosis, and therapeutic intervention for issues such as anxiety, mood disorders, somatization, substance abuse, PTSD, relationship and family problems, learning disorders, and child behavioural problems is essential. Skills and training in standardized assessment methods and therapeutic skills including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), behavioural management approaches and intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy (ISTDP) are desirable. We require excellent communication skills, including oral and written proficiency, and the ability to work within a computerized environment including electronic health information systems and booking.
Professional Environment Offered:
- A beautiful and functional office in the heart of Halifax.
- Overhead costs are covered by a percentage of billed time.
- Assessment materials are included in your overhead costs.
- The ability to set your own hours.
- A very motivated patient population.
- Diverse referrals.
- Registered or Candidate Registered Psychologists with NSBEP.
- Doctoral level is preferred, although Masters applicants will be considered.
- Relevant Degree from an accredited University.
- Post-graduate experience with psychodiagnostic assessment using intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy.
- Familiarity and comfort with using Macintosh computers.
- Possession of an IPhone or willingness to obtain one.
For more information please send a PDF CV to Dr. S. Gerald Hann at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Cornerstone Psychological Services has a position available for an associate psychologist. Our growing practice is conveniently located in the West End of Halifax, close to the Quinpool shopping/restaurant district, hospitals, universities, and bus routes.
Our clinic has a bright and welcoming reception area, and all of our professionally designed offices feature attractive furnishings and windows. Cornerstone has a full-time office manager who handles appointment bookings, reminder calls, and day-to-day office needs.
Our practice encourages a friendly and supportive team environment. We hold weekly clinical meetings for peer supervision and are happy to provide additional opportunities for psychologists to further their professional development.
If you are a motivated, clinical psychologist seeking a rewarding career experience, consider joining our team.
- Candidate or Full Registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology.
- Provide counselling services to adult individuals and couples
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Enthusiasm to participate in marketing opportunities
- Ability to work some weekday evenings
- Commitment to ethics and professionalism
Preferred (considered an asset):
- Work experience with adolescent / family therapy will be considered an asset, but is not required.
- Preference for clinicians who are ‘theoretically integrative’ and/or are willing to broaden their therapeutic skills through peer supervision, consultation, or additional training.
For more information about our practice, please visit our website: www.cornerstoneclinic.ca
Applicants may send CV to: email@example.com
Cornerstone Psychological Services
2045 Harvard Street
Halifax, NS B3L 2S6