Part-time Counsellors – Dalhousie
Student Health and Wellness
Dalhousie Counselling and Psychological Services offers free, confidential assistance by registered counselling therapists and psychologists, including personal, career, and LD/ADHD counselling.
- Student Health and Wellness at Dalhousie University invites applications for multiple part-time positions for Professional Counsellors and walk-in Counsellors.
- Shifts may vary (including daytime, evenings, and weekends) and are subject to change based on operational demands.
- Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. Student Affairs highly encourages and will give preference to applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- These positions will provide direct service to university students experiencing personal psychological problems; especially anxiety, depression and a wide range of other problems; through intake, one-on-one single session and/or continuing counselling within an interprofessional collaborative healthcare model.
- Counsellors must demonstrate adequate understanding of the complexity of elements impacting our diverse student population in relation to values, culture, communication styles, beliefs and practices.
- Counsellors must distinguish and assess the best therapeutic choice for the students’ presenting concerns
- Counsellors must manage risk factors related to students’ emotional health and well-being and maintain clinical records in accordance with PHIA, PIIDPA, FOIPOP and their relevant Board or Association’s code of ethics.
- Active participation in program evaluation
- Masters in related area of Psychology, Counselling and/or Social Work and registration or candidacy with the related professional Board/Association required
- At least one year of post-Masters clinical experience working with adults
- Experience working within an interprofessional collaborative healthcare setting strongly preferred
- Experience working in a university setting is considered an asset
- Experience in delivering intake, initial assessment as well as various modalities of continuing care
- Experience/knowledge with suicide risk assessment
- Experience/knowledge with sexual trauma is considered an asset
- $37.23 – 44.37 per hour plus vacation pay
Apply by May 26th, 2017:
- Please apply to our posting on-line with Career Beacon
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Student Health & Wellness • 2nd Floor LeMarchant Place • Halifax, NS • B3H 4R2 • dal.ca/livewell
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. Student Affairs highly encourages and will give preference to applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Associate Position Available – Bedford
Growing private practice is seeking a Part-time Associate (with the potential for additional hours over time)
- Registered with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology with a minimum of two years experience
- Provide counselling services to adults, and potentially couples and adolescents
- Eclectic approach preferably, with emphasis on cognitive-behavioural therapy
- Administration and case management skills
Please send CV to: Carla Seymour, M.Sc.
Seymour Psychological Services Inc.
Suite 2015, 1658 Bedford Hwy
Bedford, NSB4A 3X9
Registered Psychologist Positions Available (Full Time/Part Time) – Halifax
Aulakh Psychological & Counselling Services Inc. is seeking a qualified Registered Psychologist associate to join our growing private psychology practice conveniently located in the North end of Halifax (in the Gladstone Professional Centre).
We are seeking an associate who is client-focused, likes to work in a collaboratively with clients and other professionals
and is looking to be a part of a supportive team environment. The successful candidate would be warm, ethically minded, and have a fundamental respect for the clients we work with.
Our practice offers:
- Part-time/Full-Time position
- Full-time administrative services to assist with scheduling, invoicing, and day-to-day office needs
- Inviting reception area for clients
- Flexible hours for scheduling
- Encouragement of on-going learning and professional development
- Free parking for staff and clients
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Registered Psychologist or Candidate Register of good standing in Nova Scotia
- Providetreatment and/or assessments to clients (testing materials provided)
- Ability to implement evidence-based treatment with clients
- Previous experience working with teens and/or adults
- Previous experience conducting mental health assessments
- Experience working with couples and families is considered an asset, but not required
We ask any interested candidates to please forward your information in confidence to us via email (email@example.com), fax (902-490-0099) or call to arrange a time to speak with owner Harpreet Aulakh (902-490-0090).
Job Posting – PT Online Addiction Counsellors
Hasu eCounselling – Canada-Wide
Hasu eCounselling™ is a Canadian online platform that matches individuals with substance use disorder specialists, psychologists and problem gambling specialists. Hasu provides video, talk and text counselling anywhere the client is – at home, after hours, on a wait-list or even if they are out of the country. Client can use a laptop, tablet or smartphone to get sober and stay sober.
Hasu was founded and designed by addiction specialists in Ontario as a response to the gaps they witnessed firsthand in the healthcare system. Hasu eCounselling™ therapists are certified and maintain membership with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario and/or the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF).
The Hasu eCounselling™ healthcare platform is in compliance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act (PIPEDA) and all equivalent personal health information protection legislation in Canada.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an online network of therapists who are focused on quality care by using best practice treatment to provide addiction counselling to clients in Nova Scotia. If applicants are members of CACCF and have an ICADC or CCAC certification there is an opportunity to provide online counselling Canada-wide.
Hasu is currently hiring part time online addiction counsellors on an independent contractor basis (not as an employee). Successful candidates will be members of a provider network. Compensation up to $55.00 per hour. Flexible hours.
Online Addiction Counsellors – Job Description
The online addiction counsellor assists in the coordination and delivery of online counselling to clients and provides support and education to clients and families through video conferencing, phone conferencing and secure text messaging.
Job Function and Duties:
- Providing one free 20-minute consultation to new clients.
- Maintaining college standards regarding client charting and record keeping.
- Able to work on client-directed goals including harm reduction to abstinence.
- Maintaining a high level of clinical skill through evidence-based practice.
- Experience in all aspects of addiction treatment from assessment to discharge.
- Orienting, facilitating and reinforcing client’s involvement in addiction treatment.
- Providing supportive counselling and education to clients, families and/or significant others on typical recovery and lifestyle issues throughout all stages of recovery.
- Make appropriate linkages with appropriate referrals as needed.
- A masters degree in counselling, psychology or social work.
- Membership with CACCF.
- ICADC/CACC certification.
- Addiction Careworker Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years clinical experience in treatment of clients with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health issues. Experience in providing problem gambling counselling an asset.
- Experience in a patient care setting such as an inpatient or outpatient addiction facility.
- Addiction assessment experience.
- Professional liability insurance
- Experience using software and technology.
- Good critical thinking skills.
- Strong written/documentation skills.
- Able to secure a police background check indicating that you can work with vulnerable populations.
- Two (2) professional references.
You will be required to provide hours of availability for client session bookings.You can change your hours at anytime on an online schedule.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Hasu eCounselling™ at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also accept resumes via fax at (416) 232-0849. For further information, please visit our website at www.hasuecounselling.ca.
Professional Office Space for Rent
We have a 250 sq ft unfurnished office available for rent in our suite of three offices at our convenient Brunswick Street location. The building is adjacent to downtown with close proximity to business and government offices, law courts and public transit. Parking is easily accessible indoors and out. Office rental includes use of a large furnished waiting area, kitchenette and utility/lunch room.
Each professional operates independently and contributes to joint expenses, including internet, fax and copier.
For further information or to schedule a viewing contact:
Clinical Director – Halifax
Position: Clinical Director
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Start: As soon as possible
Compensation: $75K-$80K annual salary with comprehensive benefits package included
Atlantic Youth is a privately owned, national service provider of youth supports that focus on creating conditions where kids can discover their greatness. Atlantic Youth is an industry leader in youth services that operates residential youth care centres, provides a variety of individual and family supports and facilitates a full portfolio of school based group programs and workshops.We are a progressive and modern company that prides ourselves on providing a great work life balance for our team. We are expanding and seeking an experienced and energetic leader to join us in the capacity of Clinical Director. We offer a fun, dynamic, flexible and collaborative work environment, with potential for growth and an opportunity to truly make a difference. Learn more at atlanticyouth.ca
The Clinical Director’s role is to oversee all therapeutic programs and services offered by Atlantic Youth including a full suite of family supports, residential youth care centres as well as the development and implementation of a new eight-bed residential treatment centre for girls in Iqaluit, NU.
- Guide and oversee the development, implementation and ongoing operations of all family support and residential youth services.
- Develop and implement effective policy and procedures that best reflect the unique therapeutic, security, developmental and cultural needs represented.
- Develop and manage all residential care therapeutic programs, services and counselling interventions in accordance with the service model(s) and guiding principle(s).
- Oversee the management of both on and off site staff teams.
- Provide (shared) on-call management coverage for emergencies as required; develop and implement crisis action plans to resolve crises and determine client/staff needs for follow-up.
- Develop and manage all program evaluation information from clients/staff/referring or partner agencies.
- Collaborate with senior leadership team on future company developments and opportunities.
- Master’s degree with at least ten years’ professional experience in child and adolescent services.
- Experience managing and working within an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience working with or in indigenous communities considered an asset.
- Experience in the development and implementation of policy and procedure.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound clinical advice and develop treatment plans and goals in accordance with best practices and theories.
- Demonstrated knowledge of crisis intervention, mental illness, addictions and psychiatric medication.
- Demonstrated experience in providing support to adolescents experiencing suicidal ideation and/or self-injuriousbehaviors.
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and treatment of adolescents who are abusing substances and/or experiencing a concurrent mental health & addiction disorder.
- Demonstrated experience in individual and group treatment interventions such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational practice and trauma informed care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of harm reduction and relapse prevention.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate treatment reports and protocols for a wide range of adolescent mental health, behavioural and addiction related problems.
- Knowledge of clinical approaches to trauma recovery.
- Knowledge of historic trauma including intergenerational impacts of colonization and the residential school system.
- Full time permanent position
- Some travel required (periodic trips to Nunavut)
- Shared on-call management coverage
- $75K-$80K annual salary
- Comprehensive benefits package included
Job ID: NSHA BW 041-16R
Job Title: Psychologist
Dept ID: Mental Health & Addictions – Child & Youth
Location: Dawson Centre, Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Manager, Mental Health & Addictions, Community-Based, or designate, for all clinical duties, the Psychologist applies his/her therapeutic and practical knowledge of psychology within a multi-disciplinary team in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for the range of issues encountered within the Child and Youth, Community-Based, Mental Health & Addictions Service. The Psychologist exhibits sound professional judgment and initiative while working within the framework and objectives of the Community Program, Health Services Portfolio and the Mission, Vision and Strategic Directions and incorporates into daily practice the Core Competencies and Values of the organization.
- Masters of Psychology required
- Registered or eligible to be registered with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology is required
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an independent practitioner, providing assessment and treatment of children and youth with mental health challenges required
- Clinical experience, knowledge of best practice and training working with developmentally challenged children and adolescents required
- Experience with assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders with preschoolers, children and adolescents using the recommended best practice assessment process and assessment tools
- Experience working collaboratively with community agencies relating to children, youth and family issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of multi-systemic interventions for mental illnesses
- Demonstrated sound professional judgment and commitment to excellence
Demonstrated exceptional time management, decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and supportive working relationships with clients, coworkers, other departments within the organization and community partners
- Commitment to promoting a culture of respect that supports safety, ethical practices, cultural awareness and organizational health
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, internet, email and the ability to use health information systems for decision support
- Physical and mental capabilities to perform the duties of the position such as traveling to satellite clinics on a regular basis; between sites within the South Shore geographical area and to meetings outside the South Shore geographical areas as required; working flexible hours and dealing with stressful situations
- Demonstrated exemplary work history and attendance in current and previous employment
- Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Thank- you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke-free/scent reduced environment at this site.
Seeking Contract Psychologist
Created in 1993, the practice is one of Halifax’s oldest and most reputable private practices. Our mission is to promote improved mental health for individuals, families and the community using empirically based and scientifically proven assessment and treatment techniques. We are comprised of a group of diverse psychologists with a common belief that working collaboratively provides our clients with the best possible service.
We are presently seeking qualified applicants to work as contract psychologists at our practice. We have immediate opportunities for clinical, school and counselling psychologists to provide services across the lifespan. Skills in consultation, assessment, diagnosis, and therapeutic intervention for issues such as anxiety, mood disorders, somatization, substance abuse, PTSD, relationship and family problems, learning disorders, and child behavioural problems is essential. Skills and training in standardized assessment methods and therapeutic skills including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), behavioural management approaches and intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy (ISTDP) are desirable. We require excellent communication skills, including oral and written proficiency, and the ability to work within a computerized environment including electronic health information systems and booking.
Professional Environment Offered:
- A beautiful and functional office in the heart of Halifax.
- Overhead costs are covered by a percentage of billed time.
- Assessment materials are included in your overhead costs.
- The ability to set your own hours.
- A very motivated patient population.
- Diverse referrals.
- Registered or Candidate Registered Psychologists with NSBEP.
- Doctoral level is preferred, although Masters applicants will be considered.
- Relevant Degree from an accredited University.
- Post-graduate experience with psychodiagnostic assessment using intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy.
- Familiarity and comfort with using Macintosh computers.
- Possession of an IPhone or willingness to obtain one.
For more information please send a PDF CV to Dr. S. Gerald Hann at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Psychologist Position – Halifax
Maternity Leave (with option to join permanently)
Dr. Kathy Hubley Carruthers, Counselling & Psychological Services is seeking a Registered Psychologist, or Candidate Registered Psychologist, to join her team of independent practitioners. Specifically, Dr. Kathy Hubley Carruthers is looking for a qualified individual who can offer comprehensive therapy services (and /or mediation, psychological assessment, or consultation services as an adjunct) for individuals (adolescents & adults) and/or couples and/or families, taking over the caseload of two members of the existing team (due to two coinciding maternity leaves commencing in April/May of 2017). The successful applicant would also have the option of continuing to work with the Practice on a full or part-time basis after the term of the maternity leave, depending on their needs.
The qualified individual will be highly skilled, ethically minded, and client focused. He/she will welcome the opportunity to work alongside a close-knit team of established professionals. Full-time on site administrative support services are provided from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, which includes all scheduling, reception, and invoicing requirements. Practice hours are self-determined, and can include evenings, or weekends, if required (but not a requirement if the Associate is balancing family needs or other work requirements).
Dr. Hubley Carruthers, Counselling and Psychological Services is conveniently located on Brenton Street in downtown Halifax (just off Spring Garden Road). Our team (six Psychologists and an Office Manager) house a fully furnished suite of offices, including a shared waiting area, and private couples and family room; which is easily accessible by car or bus. Our new Associate will be provided his/her own private office for daily use.
Interested Registered Psychologists or Candidate Register Psychologists may contact Dr. Kathy Hubley Carruthers, Chief Psychologist/Owner, or Carlye Seamone, Office Manager, by phone, fax, or email. A curriculum vitae and the names of at least two references are requested.
For more information about Dr. Kathy Hubley Carruthers Counselling and Psychological Services, please visit our website at www.hubleycarruthers.com. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Dr. Kathy Hubley Carruthers Counselling and Psychological Services
First Floor, 1331 Brenton Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2K5
Psychologist Position – Truro
Power Psychological Services is seeking a qualified Registered Psychologist or Psychologist (Candidate Register)to join our growing private practice located in beautiful downtown Truro. We are looking for an enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual who is able to work independently and with a team. The successful candidate would be warm, ethically minded and have a fundamental respect for the clients we work with.Flexible part time hours.
Our clinic offers a professionally furnished office, cozy waiting room and an office manager to handle appointments bookings and calls, as well as day to day office needs. We have a growing list of clientele and need a professional and personable individual to take on new clients.
Must be a Registered Psychologist or Psychologist (CandidateRegister) in good standing with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology and be able to /have:
- Implement evidence-based treatment with clients
- Commitment to ethics and professionalism
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Ability to work some weekday evenings
- Maintenance of individual professional liability/malpractice insurance is required
- Provide counselling to adult individuals and couples
- Provide counselling to youth/teens/families
- Relevant clinical practice experience required, preferable in the interdisciplinary private clinic setting
- Experience with treatment of pain and pain management
- Experience working with a variety of third party payers considered an asset (i.e., Workers Compensation Board, Blue Cross, etc)
We ask any interested psychologists to forward your information in confidence to:
Power Psychological Services
664 Prince Street, Suite 4, Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 1G6
Phone: 902-843-4380; Fax: 902-843-4381
Cornerstone Psychological Services has a position available for an associate psychologist. Our growing practice is conveniently located in the West End of Halifax, close to the Quinpool shopping/restaurant district, hospitals, universities, and bus routes.
Our clinic has a bright and welcoming reception area, and all of our professionally designed offices feature attractive furnishings and windows. Cornerstone has a full-time office manager who handles appointment bookings, reminder calls, and day-to-day office needs.
Our practice encourages a friendly and supportive team environment. We hold weekly clinical meetings for peer supervision and are happy to provide additional opportunities for psychologists to further their professional development.
If you are a motivated, clinical psychologist seeking a rewarding career experience, consider joining our team.
- Candidate or Full Registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology.
- Provide counselling services to adult individuals and couples
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Enthusiasm to participate in marketing opportunities
- Ability to work some weekday evenings
- Commitment to ethics and professionalism
Preferred (considered an asset):
- Work experience with adolescent / family therapy will be considered an asset, but is not required.
- Preference for clinicians who are ‘theoretically integrative’ and/or are willing to broaden their therapeutic skills through peer supervision, consultation, or additional training.
For more information about our practice, please visit our website: www.cornerstoneclinic.ca
Applicants may send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornerstone Psychological Services
2045 Harvard Street
Halifax, NS B3L 2S6