POSITION: Full-Time Psychologist
ORGANIZATION: Homewood Health Inc
LOCATION: Work from home, Nova Scotia
PSYCHOLOGIST, RETURN TO WORK
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Psychologist, Return to Work Services (RTWS), you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you’ll be doing:
• Assessment and psychometric testing of clients virtually and in-person in the Guelph and/or GTA area with a focus on psychological functioning (including cognitive and behavioural aspects) and identifying barriers to RTW; includes recommendations for treatment plan where appropriate
• Collaborate with the Director of Complex Case Management and others to develop assessment and treatment tools aimed at improving our outcomes
• Collaborate with Program Leads at the Health Centre, in specialty clinics and in Stay at Work to ensure there is an effective flow of information and a constructive relationship between RTW and other programs that will facilitate the flow to and from RTW Services
• Design, develop and implement evidence-based work focused treatment program components to improve clinical practice, service delivery processes and client outcomes across Rapid IMPACT and CCM.
• Develop systems and protocols, to effectively collaborate with referral sources and outside organizations to provide cohesive and high quality work focused intervention services across Rapid IMPACT and CCM
• Collaborate with colleagues across continuum, including Clinics, Disability Prevention Services (DPS), RTW, Health Centre and Homewood Research Institute (HRI) to ensure compatible services, tailored to treatment intensity level, across continuum for prolonged absences from work and medically unnecessary absences
• Provide consultation and resources to Case Managers, Treatment Managers and others related to assessments, treatment plans, interventions and aftercare services
• Provide specialized training to Rapid IMPACT and CCM service providers and staff related to work focused treatment interventions
• Work with Senior Director, Quality & Outcomes and HRI regarding collection and interpretation of data for the purpose of customer reports, program evaluation, research and proposals
• May participate in committees, project development, case audits and quality improvement initiatives
• Supervision of assigned students and/or interns
What you bring:
• PhD in Clinical Psychology from an APA or CPA accredited program
• Registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario (or eligible); additional registration in other provinces is an asset
• 5 – 7 years’ experience in practice as a Psychologist
• Extensive knowledge in psychometric testing and/or forensic psychology; experience with vocational rehabilitation is preferred
• Skilled at working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams; proven ability to manage multidisciplinary teams is an asset
• Ability to provide seamless customer service delivery to both internal and external stakeholders
• Work independently and contribute actively to team objectives equally well
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3tbXE2R