We are hiring Psychologists! Come Work with Us!
- Are you an advanced practitioner who enjoys supervising students?
- Have you recently graduated?
- Are you looking for the opportunity to develop professionally in an encouraging team environment known for providing exceptional consultation and support?
- Are you interested in further training and mentorship in therapy and assessment?
- Are you a psychologist thinking about re-locating to Nova Scotia?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Lesley Hartman & Associates Inc. may be the perfect place for you!
About Lesley Hartman & Associates Inc. (LHA)
We are a multi-disciplinary team of private practice mental health professionals in Halifax, N.S. that provides high quality psychological therapy and assessment services to individuals across the lifespan, as well as to couples and families. As a teaching practice that provides opportunities for students in local Clinical Psychology, Social Work and Counselling graduate schools to pursue practicum and internship placements with us, we value excellence and are committed to advancing our professions.
We provide a wide range of services, including intervention for mental health concerns, psycho-diagnostic, psycho-educational, and WPATH assessments, as well as offering advanced/specialized treatments such as a comprehensive DBT program, Radically Open DBT, sex therapy, and integrated PTSD/Trauma treatment.
We have a warm and cooperative work environment characterized by a high degree of contact, connection and support amongst the team, and mentorship opportunities in various advanced specialties, such as DBT, RO-DBT, EMDR and IFS (Internal Family Systems Therapy).
We are a well-established and respected private practice that has been operating in Halifax for over 15 years and we have an abundance of referrals to help you get started in private practice. At LHA we are well known for promoting excellence in our work. Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Support for your journey towards excellence
- Full time support from practice leader
- Opportunities for consultation with practice leader to learn and grow in new areas
- A practice culture of collaboration and collegial support, openness, integrity, value for social justice, and innovation
- Extensive admin support: a dedicated intake team; third party billings provided for you; marketing; access to our practice management software platform
- Assessment materials and supplies provided
- Beautiful spaces to do your work; filled with light and art
- Flexibility to work virtually from home; work from practice or combination of both
- Support for your wellbeing; focus on preventing burnout and supporting your wellness
- Opportunities for social engagement and fun with colleagues
- Autonomy in choosing your own workload and types of cases you would like to serve
- Independence in choosing your own schedule/vacation dates
- Opportunities for collaboration and consultation with a diverse and multi-disciplinary group of practitioners
Diversity: Lesley Hartman & Associates Inc. (LHA) values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at LHA means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. It also means celebrating, in a safe environment, the rich dimensions of diversity within each individual. This includes race, ethnicity, sexuality and sexual orientation, gender and gender expression, socio-economic status, age, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and other characteristics and ideologies
Cultivating diversity in our practice develops stronger relationships, fostered by trust, respect and open dialogue and YOU can help contribute to the practice being more culturally competent.
We encourage anyone curious or interested to email Lesley at email@example.com.