The anticipated schedule is flexible to accommodate part-time or full-time hours. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide virtual appointments from a home office.
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, you will work with clients to address psychological concerns related to injury and trauma, psychosocial factors in recovery, functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning.
Clients are typically referred via disability and auto insurance providers, Workers’ Compensation, legal firms and other third-party organizations to address psychological concerns related to injury and trauma, psychosocial factors in recovery, functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning.
In coordination with the treatment team you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing psychological services including assessment, treatment, and consultation; contributing to overall rehabilitation planning and goals
- Utilizing a primarily cognitive-behavioral approach to treatment, incorporating a variety of tools and interventions, based on an overall client-centered philosophy
- Providing timely comprehensive reporting and communicating findings to the interdisciplinary treatment team as well as referral sources.
- Psychological case management input and direction to interdisciplinary team members in regards to client progress, psychosocial barriers, conflict resolution and discharge planning, via attending case conferences, team meetings and clinical record-keeping.
- Registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP).
- Applicants with Candidate Register status are welcome to apply.
- Experience in the field of health psychology and familiarity with the biopsychosocial model of health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing schedules and priorities
Lifemark is the rehabilitation division of Lifemark Health Group, and while physiotherapy remains a core service, we have expanded to meet patient needs and now offer multi-disciplinary services. The statement “Movement to a better life” encompasses our purpose because when you move better, you feel better. This is at the heart of everything we do. It’s why we’re so passionate about helping reduce pain, increase mobility and get back to life with our full range of rehabilitation services.