We are currently looking for a part-time/full-time Registered Psychologist to join a multi-disciplinary, creative, thoughtful and fun team. We want someone who is interested in being a leader within this evolving organization. To us, leadership is collaborative, respectful, and requires excellent listening skills. You will need to be comfortable within a therapeutic, client-centred environment.
At Seagram & Associates, we empower our clients with the support and tools they need to enrich their lives, improve their mental health and inspire growth and development – in life, in work, and in relationships.
Our collaborative practice is comprised of mental health professionals who help children, youth, adults and families create lasting change and enhanced wellness.
The services will be on a contractual basis, with an agreed fee paid per session. The registered psychologist will be required to function as an autonomous mental health practitioner in collaboration with the supervising psychologist. The position may be tailored to varying specialties or experiences.
There is work available with both children and adults, individuals and families. Of particular interest is a clinician with experience using any of the following treatment modalities: CBT, EMDR, Cognitive Processing Therapy or Emotion-Focussed Therapy.
This can be either a part or full-time position, depending on the wishes and availability of the practitioner.
- Collaborative clinic setting
- Calm and pleasing work environment
- Motivated clients with diverse presenting issues
- No overhead or administrative cost, flexible schedule
- Team meetings that focus on wellness of the clinician
- Opportunity for case consultation/support as needed
- Providing treatment of a variety of mental health issues using evidence-based, trauma informed practice.
- Creating and maintaining patient records and required reports in a timely manner
- Working collaboratively with a clinical supervisor to develop case formulations, identify treatment goals and support client progress in meeting these goals.
- Doctoral Degree or Masters’ Degree in Clinical Psychology or related field in Psychology (e.g., Counselling Psychology).
- Registered or Candidate Register Psychologist with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiner’s in Psychology
- Experience and competency working with children & adolescents and/or adults &couples
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively
- Ability to utilize empirically-validated, trauma informed practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and inter-professional team work skills
- Current professional liability insurance.
- Experienced with operating a computer and some ability with MS office
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
Please fax, email or send resume to:
Dr. Belinda Seagram
2078 Hwy 1, RR#2, Falmouth, Nova Scotia B0P 1L0
Fax: (902) 472-3273
Phone 902 472-3272