Centrally located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre (KRRC) serves 200 youth and adults with physical, cognitive, intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health and social challenges. KRRC employs over 600 professional and support staff on a casual, part and full-time basis, making our organization one of the largest employers in the region. Staff are employed both within the main Centre and in smaller, community options homes.
Responsible to the Director of Clinical Services, the Psychologist will provide expertise and specialized services to clients of Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre (KRRC), its community option homes for children and adults, and the Cambridge Community Outreach Team (CCOG) in accordance with the mission, vision and values of KRRC, and within recognized professional and ethical standards of the provincial regulatory body. As part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, the Psychologist will engage in the assessment, planning, development, provision, and evaluation of mental health and behavioural interventions and services to youth and adults with diverse needs, with respectful inclusion of their families. The Psychologist will also provide clinical supervision and leadership to two (2) Behavioural Interventionists, participate in committees responsible for developing and evaluating KRRC’s program, policies and practices, and facilitate relevant educational programs for staff.
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in Psychology or Masters degree in Psychology (MA, MSc, MASP) with a minimum of two (2) years relevant clinical experience
- Eligible for Registration or Candidate Registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, and/ or emotional and behavioural disorders across the lifespan
- Demonstrated ability to work competently with individuals, families, groups, and community partners
- Commitment to upholding the rights and dignity of individuals with disabilities and to ethical practice
- Proven ability to work independently and to work cooperatively as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Experience providing recommendations on a consultative basis
- Ability to provide and utilize clinical supervision and support
- Ability to work in both clinic and community settings
KRRC offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package, commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please forward your application including cover letter and resume, along with 3 professional references via email to Human Resources no later than 4:00pm on February 22, 2021. Quote: Psychologist in the subject line.
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.