True North Psychological Services is excited to announce that we are seeking both Masters or Doctoral level Psychologists and Masters Level Social Workers (MSW) with an interest and experience working with individuals and families impacted by trauma to join all three of our practices in Nova Scotia (e.g., New Minas, Halifax and Kingston).
We work closely with governmental agencies, organizations who assist veterans, military personnel, first responders and many other referral sources. However, our referrals are not limited to trauma-related challenges as we also work with adults, couples, families, and children facing a wide range of mental health and personal challenges. We regularly have a surplus of referrals and are eager to provide services to all in a timely fashion.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside other mental health professionals, including Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and Clinical Social Workers You will also receive administrative support as well as the flexibility to create your own schedule to maintain a positive work-life balance (part-time & full-time opportunities available).
We are looking for someone who possesses the following:
- Hold a graduate degree in psychology or Social Work from an accredited university, including MA, MSc, PhD, and PsyD, MSW. Various academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply (Clinical, Counselling, Child, etc.).
- Ability to utilize empirically-validated, trauma informed practices and other evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Has relevant working experience in areas of practice, with an emphasis on trauma-related work.
- Registered (must be in good standing) with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP) or registered (must be in good standing) with the Nova Scotia College of Social Workers (NSCSW).
- Must possess Professional Liability Insurance or willingness to obtain insurance.
- Demonstrates professionalism and effective case management skills (e.g., timely reports).
- An interest in working with couples or perinatal clients will be considered an asset.
It should be noted that this position is for in-office, in-person sessions only. Candidates from outside of the geographical area of the respective clinic they are applying (e.g., Halifax, Kingston, New Minas) will not be considered unless they plan on relocating to those areas with a successful interview. Although True North Psychological Services does offer tele-health (e.g., video, phone) in the event that a client or clinician is unable to attend a session in person, this is not our initial preference and therefore we are not hiring clinicians whose sole therapeutic modality is via tele-health.
To apply for this position please send your CV to:
Lori Rose, Practice Manager & Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply please specify the practice location for which you are applying.