POSITION: Psychologists (Registered or Candidate Register)
ORGANIZATION: Anchored Psychological Services
LOCATION: Truro, Nova Scotia
Anchored Psychological Services is recruiting Psychologists, (Registered or Candidate Register), who wish to join our private practice clinic in Truro, Nova Scotia.
Who We Are
Anchored Psychological Services is a small but busy private practice located in the Truro Professional Centre in downtown Truro, NS. We receive an abundance of diverse referrals locally, and from sources throughout the Atlantic provinces. Check out our website at www.anchoredpsych.com to learn more about us.
What We Offer Clinicians
- A relaxed, yet professional and supportive environment
- Immediate referrals matched to your interest and expertise
- A flexible schedule that prioritizes work-life balance
- Software to provide secure virtual services, if desired, and electronic record keeping
- Access to administrative support
- Clinical support, consultation, and collaboration
- A contract with reasonable fee-split
- A renovated, fully furnished office space, free on-site parking, and accessible entry
- A culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates professional growth and diversity
Who You Are
- You have a Masters or Doctoral degree in Psychology from an accredited program
- You are registered with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (Candidate Registrants are welcome to apply)
- You have experience providing evidence-based assessment, diagnosis and/or treatment to adults, adolescents, children, couples and/or families
- You are able to work independently, yet be part of a team
- You are willing to learn/utilize Jane Practice Management Software
- You demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication skills, a client-centered approach and effective case management skills (e.g., timely reports)
- You have current liability insurance
- You are a Permanent Resident or have Citizen status in Canada
Why not consider a move to rural Nova Scotia?
With a slower pace of life, beautiful scenery and a lower cost of living, rural Nova Scotia is where it’s at! Known as the ‘Hub of Nova Scotia’, Truro’s central location makes it a popular home-base for exploring the province. A quaint town of nearly 13000 residents, it’s within an hour of several beaches, as well as the cities of Halifax, and Moncton. Truro’s historic downtown is vibrant and unique featuring a variety of specialty boutiques, restaurants, and amenities. Truro is the home of numerous festivals and a thriving Farmer’s Market which features local produce, fresh baking, handcrafted items, prepared food and so much more. Victoria Park is a 3000-acre natural woodland park located only minutes from downtown, with walking and biking trails, waterfalls, and awe-inspiring look offs. Other trails in town include the Cobequid Trail where you can experience the Bay of Fundy’s Tidal Bore.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a brief cover letter and resume, including 2 references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 22, 2023.