Eskasoni Community Health Center is beginning a transformation of the early years and pre-kindergarten education, health and holistic wellness services. Our vision is to implement a comprehensive holistic Early Years program that focuses on excellence in teaching and learning, ensuring an inclusive education experience, and working closely with our partners in education. This will provide children, students, and families with a strong foundation for success. We are looking for an individual to spearhead this transformation.
We aim to achieve excellence in our delivery of services by working as individuals, as a team, and as a community to create healthy people and a healthy community. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, opportunities for development, and a real opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for individuals not just with strong clinical skills (although this is the priority) but also those with an openness to sharing their creative talents or passions to enhance the well-being of our community, clients, and our workplace.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- As the Director of Early Years Education and Well-being you will be part of a team responsible for the design and implementation of an innovative, holistic curriculum, providing strategic programming, policy advice and implementation of a holistic and comprehensive Early Years Learning program for Eskasoni children aged 3 months – 5 years of age with an emphasis on Mi’kmaw language, traditions, culture and learning practices and experiences.
- This position involves direct oversight and management, including human resources, operational and budgetary management responsibilities.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team through the change process.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A Master’s, or PhD degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Psychology or Social Work, or a related field with 5 years of progressive experience.
- You will have experience in project management, leading work teams, staff supervision, and conducting in-depth policy research and analysis, as well as being able to respond quickly to complex and urgent requests.
- You will have an awareness of the importance of early childhood development and its impact on later successes.
- Registered, or eligible to be registered, with a governing and licensing Board.
- Ability to speak Mi’kmaq considered an asset.
How to Apply:
For more information and a full job description visit www.eskasonimentalhealth.org.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by April 16, 2021.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note: selected candidates will be required to submit to a Criminal Records Check and Sexual Abuse Registry.