POSITION: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia
LOCATION: Halifax, Nova Scotia
As you may know APNS is looking for a new Executive Director. This is a full-time, 35-hour/week position, located in Halifax and starting in early 2024. If you know someone who has the relevant skills, please encourage them to apply by submitting a cover letter referencing their skills as their pertain to the below job description, along with their resume to Susan Marsh at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Description of the Position
Oversees and manages APNS activities, programs, and services; facilitates communication among the Executive Committee, volunteers and the membership; interacts with external organizations and individuals to develop relationships and discuss shared interests.
• Experience in not-for-profit and volunteer management.
• Experience in financial management and budgeting.
• Experience in a related managerial occupation, e.g., healthcare, private practice
• Knowledge of promotion and marketing.
• Knowledge of professional ethics; particularly in dealing with secure, confidential or sensitive information.
• Leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
• Organizational and prioritization skills.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work independently and to coordinate with others in a team environment.