POSITION: Associate Psychologist
ORGANIZATION: Crossroads Counselling & Psychological Services
LOCATION: Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia
Are you looking for a psychological career home where you are valued? Crossroads is hiring an Associate Psychologist to join our team. If you are looking for an industry leading revenue share, a great team and an amazing new wellness centre environment designed for client confidentiality, this is the opportunity for you.
Crossroads is a psychological practice in Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia. It was founded in 2018 by Amy Wiens. As practice leader, Amy brings over 14 years of clinical experience. Our team is comprised of registered psychologists offering caring, authentic services grounded in evidence-based treatments. Since that time the team has grown and our presence within the Hammonds Plains, Bedford, Sackville, Halifax and Dartmouth areas has grown. We are committed to the well-being of our clients and the professional growth of each of our team members.
Crossroads will be moving into our new home in Spring 2024. This new facility, dedicated to providing an inviting and confidential environment, will enable Crossroads’ psychologists to serve clients in a best-in-class setting. The location, in the Kingswood area of Hammonds Plains, is convenient for all to get to, with included parking, without the hassles of travelling downtown.
Who You Are
- You have a Masters or Doctoral degree in Psychology from an accredited program
- You are a Registered or Candidate Registered Psychologist in good standing with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP)
- You have experience providing evidence-based assessment, diagnosis and/or treatment to adults, adolescents, children, couples and/or families
- You are willing to learn/utilize Jane Practice Management Software
- You demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication skills, a client-centered approach and effective case management skills (e.g., timely reports)
- You possess or are willing to possess professional liability insurance
- You are a Permanent Resident or have Citizen status in Canada
- Perhaps you live outside of Nova Scotia but are looking to move to the area. This could be a great opportunity for you to connect and get established within a healthy, growing practice.
At Crossroads we value our team and each team member. We offer:
- A comfortable and professional work environment so you can feel great about meeting your clients
- Best-in-class revenue sharing providing great opportunities to grow
- Supportive work arrangements so you can focus more on your client care and less on administration
- Flexible scheduling because we understand that everyone’s life situation is unique
- Effective marketing so potential clients can get connected with you
- Staff parties and socials to enjoy each other’s company, outside of work
The application process is straightforward and relaxed. If you choose to apply below, Amy will contact you to request your CV and set up a time for an in person meeting or a call. You’ll discuss your interest, professional and personal goals and areas of focus in your professional interest. If there is interest on both sides and it appears to be a great fit the next steps, including contract, onboarding and initial setup will be relaxed and pressure free. You’ll be promoted by the practice meaning you will have a growing list of clients in no time.
If you are interested in professional mentorship/supervisory opportunities, Crossroads works with psychological studies students, at times, to ensure we are investing in the positive development of the profession.
Are you a psychologist interested in joining the Crossroads team? Introduce yourself. We would love to hear from you.