POSITION: Registered or Candidate Registered Psychologist
ORGANIZATION: Sunnyside Psychological Services
LOCATION: Bedford, Nova Scotia
We are seeking a Psychologist to join our growing practice. Over the past 5 years we have strived to create a professional, relaxed, welcoming atmosphere for our clients and clinicians, alike. At Sunnyside Psychological Services clinicians have the autonomy to set their schedule to suit the needs of themselves and their clients. As a clinician in our practice you may provide individualized services to clients, but have the added benefit of being part of a collaborative team of experienced clinicians. We offer a comfortable and inviting workspace with a reception area, fully furnished offices, and a separate exit for a private client departure. Virtual treatment is also optional.
We are located in the heart of Bedford, across from Sunnyside Mall and conveniently near the intersection of the Bedford Highway and Dartmouth Rd. We are near a bus route and have access to free parking on-site. We are a busy practice that receives an abundance of referrals for children, adolescents, adults, and couples. We have a wide variety of referral types, allowing for caseload balance as well as the option to specialize if interested. Referral sources include self-referral, family doctors, VAC, the RCMP, etc. We provide our clinicians with client referrals that match their individual interests and competencies.
The well-being of our clinicians is as important and deserves the same attention we provide our clients. We aim to create an environment that fosters workplace satisfaction and supports healthy living outside of work. We offer the following:
- Flexible work schedule – Clinicians are free to set their own hours and vacation time.
- Automatic enrollment into Group Health and Dental Benefits Plan.
- Experienced ofﬁce manager who provides administrative support to all clinicians.
- IT consultant to provide support with any practice-related issues regarding email or internet concerns, etc.
- Clinicians have autonomy to work independently or engage in supervision. Peer supervision/consultation is encouraged and occurs on an as-needed basis with the practice partners.
- Two furnished offices available for use 4 days a week.
- Registered or Candidate Registered Psychologist with NSBEP (in good standing).
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance.
- Demonstrate sufﬁcient training and supervision within your area of practice (e.g., Child/Adolescent, PTSD, parenting, etc.).
- Provide contact information for three professional references (if requested)
- This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be proﬁcient in assessing and treating a variety of mental health conditions and adjustment concerns (e.g., anxiety, depression, self-esteem, grief, anger management, etc.).
Experience assessing and treating trauma-related disorders would be an asset. Alternatively, a candidate with little experience in trauma, but who is particularly keen to develop their skills in this area would be welcomed. This associate would have the opportunity for growth and learning through ongoing peer supervision and professional development with an experienced psychologist who specializes in trauma and dissociative disorders.
Interested psychologists should contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org