Dr. S Gerald Psychological Services are presently seeking qualified applicants to work as contract psychologists at our practice. We have immediate opportunities for clinical, school and counselling psychologists to provide services across the lifespan.
Skills in consultation, assessment, diagnosis, and therapeutic intervention for issues such as anxiety, mood disorders, somatization, substance abuse, PTSD, relationship and family problems, learning disorders, and child behavioural problems is essential. Skills and training in standardized assessment methods and therapeutic skills including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), behavioural management approaches and intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy (ISTDP) are desirable. We require excellent communication skills, including oral and written proficiency, and the ability to work within a computerized environment including electronic health
information systems and booking.
Professional Environment Offered:
- A beautiful and functional office in the heart of Halifax.
- Overhead costs are covered by a percentage of billed time.
- Assessment materials are included in your overhead costs.
- The ability to set your own hours.
- A very motivated patient population.
- Diverse referrals.
- Registered or Candidate Registered Psychologists with NSBEP.
- Doctoral level is preferred, although Masters applicants will be considered.
- Relevant Degree from an accredited University.
- Post-graduate experience with psychodiagnostic assessment using intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy.
- Familiarity and comfort with using Macintosh computers.
- Possession of an IPhone or willingness to obtain one.
For more information please send a PDF CV to Dr. S. Gerald Hann at email@example.com
No phone calls please.