True North Psychological Services is excited to announce that we are seeking a Masters or Doctoral level Psychologist with an interest and experience working with individuals, families or children to join our Kingston, NS location.
At True North Psychological Services, we work closely with governmental agencies, organizations who assist veterans, military personnel, first responders and many other referral sources. However, our referrals are not limited to trauma-related challenges as we also work with adults, couples, families, and children facing a wide range of mental health and personal challenges. We regularly have a surplus of referrals and are eager to provide services to all in a timely fashion.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside other mental health professionals, including Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and Clinical Social Workers. You will also receive administrative support as well as the flexibility to create your own schedule to maintain a positive work-life balance (part-time & full-time opportunities available). We are looking for someone who possesses the following:
• Hold a graduate degree in psychology from an accredited university, including MA, MSc, PhD, and PsyD. Various academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply (Clinical, Counselling, Child, etc..).
• Ability to utilize empirically-validated, trauma informed practices and other evidence-based treatment modalities.
• Has relevant working experience in areas of practice, with an emphasis on trauma-related work.
• Registered (must be in good standing) with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP) OR must be eligible for registration with NSBEP. Both Registered and Candidate Registered Psychologists are encouraged to apply.
• Must possess Professional Liability Insurance or willingness to obtain insurance.
• Membership with Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia (APNS) or Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) is encouraged.
• Demonstrates professionalism and effective case management skills (e.g., timely reports).
• An interest in working with couples will be considered an asset.
Please submit resumes for consideration to the hiring manager Bryanne Harris, email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.